Carlos Alazraqui joins the Yestercon guest list! Carlos was not just the face of Deputy James Garcia on Comedy Central’s “Reno 911! He’s also been a stand up comedian for over 20 years and one of LA’s top voiceover actors for over 15 years, providing the voices for Rocko and Spunky on Nickelodeon’s “Rocko’s Modern Life, Mr. Weed on FOX’s “The Family Guy”, Denzel Crocker on “Fairly Odd Parents”, Lazlo on Cartoon Networks’s “Camp Lazlo” and of course the voice of Gidget “The Taco Bell Chihuahua, to name just a few.
Our final guest list is up as well as our schedule! Hope to see you all out on the 31st!
We have announced some guests and updated our activities page. Be sure to check out the pages!
We at Yestercon are excited to announce our next round of guests! Phil Moore, the host of Nick Arcade as well as the Ninja Turtles will be making an appearance at Yestercon!
We are proud to announce our first round of guests for Yestercon 2016. Our guest line up includes Dante Basco who is known for his role as Rufio in the hit film Hook. We are also pleased to announce 3 Rangers from the Power Rangers: Wild Force Series. The Rangers include Alyson Kiperman (Yellow Ranger), Jack Guzman (Black Ranger) and Philip Jeanmarie (Blue Ranger).
You can meet all these great guests on Sunday, July 31st!
Yestercon is getting geared up for its second year! This year will take the ideas we started off with last year and make them bigger and better for this year. We hope to see you out in Carson come July 31st!
From 10:00am to 3:00pm the Astrosmash Shootoff Contest will be underway in the Intellivision booth. Dust off your 1980s video game skills and aim for the high score in this classic game for the Intellivision console! Or even if you have never played before, it’s simple to play and hopefully win!
Astrosmash was the first non-sports Intellivision cartridge to top one million units sold. It became so popular that Mattel Electronics sponsored regional Astrosmash tournaments across the country, culminating in the original $250,000 Astrosmash Shootoff in Houston, Texas in 1983. That was actually the first major video game competition in the world! Finalists competed for the top prize of $100,000.
And now in 2015, we are recreating the Astrosmash Shootoff at Yestercon. Unfortunately, we don’t have $100,000 to award, but competitors can win one of the fine Intellivision Productions items for sale – game collections, T-shirts and more!
• You will be given three minutes to practice and get used to the controllers.
• At the end of three minutes, your AstroRef will hit RESET on the Intellivision console. Press the controller disc when you are ready to begin. (You must start on the DISC-speed level [fastest].)
• You can use or not use the AUTO-FIRE mode, whichever you prefer (we’d suggest you do).
• Your goal is to reach the top score in ONE LIFE. As soon as your laser cannon explodes, your attempt ends.
• Your AstroRef will record your high score. (Since Astrosmash scores go up and down, the game displays both a final score and a high score at the end of the game. Your HIGH SCORE is the one that counts and will be entered.)
• One hour before the convention closes, the winner for that day will be announced. Please return to the Intellivision booth at some point within that hour to see if you have the high score. The holder of the high score each day will receive a coupon for any one item for sale in the Intellivision booth. (All items in booth are priced at $20 or less.)
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!
We are very excited to announce three next guests for YESTERCON – they are none other than Rhett Fisher (Titanium Ranger from Lightspeed Rescue), Andrew Gray (Red Ranger from Megaforce), and Larry Houston (Animation Guru for many childhood cartoons.
Be sure to come meet them and the rest of our guests at YESTERCON on SUNDAY, AUGUST 2ND!!