If you would like to be a participating Vendor at Yestercon, please purchase through the below setup. By purchasing Vendor space for Yestercon (powered by Eventbrite), you hereby acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the below waiver for Exhibitors of Yestercon.
— $80 (Special Early Bird Pricing lasting until May 7, 2017)
— $90 (Early Bird Pricing lasting until July 9, 2017)
— $100 (Normal Pricing lasting until August 1, 2017)
A Vendor Space Includes the Following:
— One 8×8 Space
— One 8′ table
— Two chairs
— Two passes to Yestercon
Rules of Conduct: — The Organizer is not liable for lost or stolen goods / merchandise. — All setups and displays must not interfere with neighboring tables. All setups and displays must not block/intrude into aisles. All setups and displays must be stable and not pose a hazard. — All sales transactions must be completed in the purchased space. — Noisy, dangerous, and harmful substances, supplies and/or equipment are prohibited. — The sale of adult materials is prohibited (more details below in Terms and Conditions). — The sale of food and drink is prohibited. Terms and Conditions: — Defined Terms The “Event” is Yestercon, which will be held July 31, 2016 at the Carson Center. The “Exhibitor” is the company and/or person(s) agreeing to this this contract by purchasing space through Eventbrite. The “Organizer” is Yestercon LLC and its directors, agents, employees, staff, etc.
- Booth/Space Assignment: Organizer shall assign space, taking into account the nature of the services and/or products being exhibited. Organizer reserves right to move Exhibitor, provided Organizer attempts to provide a comparable booth/space assignment.
- Cancellation/Nonpayment : Should the Exhibitor cancel 90 days or more in advance of the Event the Exhibitor shall receive 100% refund; between 90 and 31 days of the Event, the Exhibitor shall receive a 50% refund; within 30 days of the Event, the Exhibitor shall not be issued a refund.
- Grey Market Goods and Copyrighted Material: Under no circumstances shall Exhibitor sell or display grey market goods (“bootlegs”). It is the sole discretion of the Organizer to decide what constitutes as gray market goods. The Organizer reserves the right to restrict the Exhibitor from selling and/or remove the Exhibitor from the premises. Exhibitors playing music, videos, still pictures or other copyrighted material shall make sure it is permissible or obtain all rights required to do so, and pay any royalties, fees, or other payments to appropriate parties as required by federal law.
- Adult Materials: Under no circumstances shall Exhibitor sell or display any adult materials. Adult materials can be defined as sexually explicit anime, comics, books, films, animation, manga, hentai, yaoi and computer games. Artwork with nudity is not allowed.
- Weapons : The Exhibitor agrees that no weapons will be sold or handled.
- Food and Drink: Exhibitors may not sell prepared food or beverages of any kind.
- Taxes and Licenses : The Exhibitor is responsible for obtaining any licenses, permits, or approvals required under law applicable to their activity at the Event. The Exhibitor shall be responsible for obtaining any tax identification numbers required and pay all taxes, license fees, fines, or other charges that shall come due to any governmental authority in connection with their activity at Event. Exhibitor will be required to provide proof of a California Seller’s Permit, temporary or otherwise, which may be acquired from the California Board of Equalization. If you set up without a valid California Seller’s Permit or provide the Event with an invalid number, all fines incurred will be passed on to you, the Exhibitor.
- Care of Facility: Due care of the Exhibit Facility is requested of the Exhibitors. Exhibitors shall abide by all Facility rules and regulations and shall be liable for any damage caused by Exhibitor.
- Assumption of Risks, Releases and Limitations of Liability: The Exhibitor expressly assumes all risks associated with the Exhibitor’s participation at the Event, including without limitation, all risks of theft, harm, damage, injury to the person, property, business or profits of the Exhibitor whether caused by negligence, intentional acts, accidents, acts of God or otherwise. Neither Organizer nor Exhibit Facility accept responsibility nor shall be liable for any injury, loss or damages, and the Exhibitor hereby fully and forever releases and discharges the Organizer and Exhibit Facility for all losses pertaining to the Event. In no event shall Organizer’s maximum liability under any circumstances exceed the amount actually paid to Organizer by Exhibitor minus any normal expenses paid by Organizer on behalf of Exhibitor. Organizer makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to number of attendees or regarding any other matters.
- Indemnification: The Exhibitor shall hold the Organizer and the Exhibit Facility harmless from any and all claims, demands, suites, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, reasonable attorney fees, and costs which may arise out of or in connection with the Exhibitor’s participation or presence at the Event, including but not limited to any violation or infringement of any law or ordinance, rights of any party under any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or breach of contract by Exhibitor.
- Warranty : There is no other agreement or warranty between the Exhibitor and Organizer except as set forth in this document. The rights of Organizer under this contract shall not be deemed waived except as specifically stated in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Event. Any action which Organizer or Exhibitor may bring against each other, based upon or in any way relating to this contract or its performance, shall be brought forth in state court located within the state of California, and Organizer and Exhibitor hereby waive all questions of personal jurisdiction or venue order to give effect this provision. Should any part of this contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Enforcement : Organizer reserves the right to require Exhibitor to remove items from public display if deemed inappropriate by standards set by Organizer. Organizer reserves the right to revoke facilities provided for Exhibitor at the discretion of Organizer.
- Additional Terms and Conditions: From time to time Organizer may provide additional materials that may specify additional terms and conditions for Exhibitor’s participation and/or presence at the Event. Any and all matters pertaining to the Event and not specifically covered by General Terms and Conditions shall be subject to determination of Organizer at its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous : This contract shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the state of California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States Of America and of the State of California. The language in this contract shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party.
California Seller’s Permits: Also note that every individual selling items in California must have a California Seller’s Permit. To obtain a Seller’s Permit you may apply online at the Board of Equalization website or in person at one of the offices. In addition, all sellers will need to have either a copy or the original Seller’s Permit at your space at the convention. Yestercon staff will verify Seller’s Permits and numbers at the Event.